Saturday, November 9, 2019

Today at Mistletoe Mart

I set a booth up at Mistletoe Mart today and learned a lesson on how to target the right event.  I DID sell four books but, over a five hour period, this probably wasn't the best choice for showcasing my book.  Mistletoe Mart is all about Christmas and women who attend are on a mission.  The best-sellers are food and Christmas decorations.    A bookseller is an extra so just for future reference, a seasonal theme event might not be the best idea.  But, this idea was a good one, in any case.  Negative data is as valuable as a successful event.  Perhaps it is actually more valuable because while a few books did sell, it was the knowledge of best use of my time that really matters.  So, for now, I'll stick with libraries and bookstores and be thankful for the small sales and the big lesson.  Speaking of libraries, I plan to call the libraries in Steele and in Hayti on Monday. And as it happened, I met a member of the library board in Hayti at this event.  You never know where these small connections can lead you.

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes, it was. It's a learning curve right now and thus was a good one.

      Delete
  2. Your book has a very interesting title. Now I'll have to do a search to find a description of it.
    I'm not very good at marketing mine, so probably would have been happy to have sold four books at an event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandra, I found you on Amazon. It appears you have written several books. I'll be review them. Here's the link to my book at Westbow Press. I'm also on Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

      https://www.westbowpress.com/en/bookstore/bookdetails/800475-a-california-girl-meets-the-bootheel

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you...Big Lessons for Small Sales but they are still sales and who knows...your "followers" base can grow because of those 4 sales.

    ReplyDelete