Sunday, October 27, 2019

We have lift-off!!

October 24th was an exciting night for me.  "A California Girl Meets the Bootheel" was officially launched and the evening was a great success.  I really had no expectations but typically, I'm the person who throws a party (Tupperware, 31, etc.) and maybe two people show up.  But tonight was different and about 20 people appeared throughout the evening.  I'm so grateful to Teresa Tidwell, our librarian, for making the evening so easily achieved.  And many thanks to Morgan Treece and her to die for cookies.  You made my table shine.  There are not enough words to express my gratitude for the people who were able to be present.  Your presence gave me so much confidence and made my next steps easier as I continue on this road of promoting my book.







Check here for updates at my website:  annejeffries.com
God bless you all.

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Annie! That had to be a long effort and a good one. I'm so pleased for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of you, my Friend... Keep it going!!!

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic news. Good for you Annie.
    xoxo gemma

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! You are now officially a famous author! The cookies are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ginny. Morgan is brilliant with cookie decorating. The cookies are tasty, too.

      Delete
  5. Good for you. what an exciting time of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how wonderful for you! Such a great undertaking, my hats off to you! Congratulations Annie.............

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankk you, Emily. Moving across the country at the age of pushing 70 after a lifetime of living in CA wasn't easy. I started a whole new life. I miss a lot of what I had but don't miss CA at all. Very happen how it all worked out and the book reflects that happy ending

      Delete
  7. Such great news. I’m very happy for you. Your party sounded lovely as well. Here in Nashville, since I keep returning monthly to Georgia to finish moving out I only know two people, my late husband’s doctor and my cat sitter – no party people, really.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just checked out your website. It's really nice. Did you design it yourself? Best of favor and good fortune with your book. Making the move sounds like quite an undertaking, but look what it has led to.

    ReplyDelete