88 Day Challenge, Day 32/88

Well, the big day came and went. We were up at five. Out the door at six. Headed for Hernando, Mississippi. Got lost twice as we passed through

Memphis  thanks to sun glaring on road signs. Arrived
in plenty of time for my appt to sit and wait for over an hour but finally got in.  Knee x-rays first then met with Dr. Luber.  My objective was to discover if there were treatment options so as to avoid knee replacement surgery and I actually did have a couple of options.  I settled on going back on the 30th and getting my first gel injection.  Gel injections replace the fluids missing in the joints. In the meantime, I will start taking Celebrex for inflammation and hopefully start physical therapy.  I'm going to give this six months and lose more weight.  Come February or March, I'll revisit the idea of surgery but for now I'll put in the work for avoiding surgery.  Stay tuned



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts