88 Day Challenge, Day 33/88

I hardly know where to start.  Nothing in particular going on, just suddenly very tired. It hit me about 4:30 today.

Coffee. Reading. Not much prayer today. Feeling forgetful. Just a weird day. 

We visited Mike and Jean today.  Mike seems to be in a slow decline and Jean has reason to be tired.  I don't. In fact, I have much to be grateful for.  Anyway, it was good seeing him. He looks better than he did a month ago. Color better. Eyes and attitude more alert.  

I sat out on the porch for a while after we returned home.  I love the comfort of the porch and view of the backyard.  I notice the squirrels and birds are changing with the season. The squirrels, especially, are busy collecting and storing.  

Truth be told, I'm feeling sad about Mike.  Kidney disease and some neurological condition. It's a lot to face. I feel badly because I think Jean is disappointed that our priest hasn't tried to connect.

In his defense,  he's not around much, taking care of two parishes and we usually get less attention. We are an aging parish and there is no school.  But I defend only so far. One past pastor was very invested in us but he's gone now. 

I love the small community that makes up this church. If we move, I'll miss the people.

What a ramble I've been on.  I hope it's better tomorrow.   

Comments

  1. Can you call the priest and ask him to come? Are you going to move?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll mention something Sunday. And - we are talking g about moving to central Tennessee to be closer to our grands.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts