88 Day Challenge, Day 42/88

Today gets high marks all the way around.  Up at 7. Out the door at 9.  We're on our way to C'ville's annual Chili Cook-Off  but first a stop at Little Pizza Heaven for breakfast.  They don't usually do breakfast but today's event made it seem like a good idea and, from my POV, it was.

I was really living in the moment today and didn't get any breakfast pictures to post.  I was so in the moment, I nearly didn't get pictures from the Chili Cook-Off either. But, I did do a little better when I finally remembered.  So, here we go.


This man caught my attention as he slowly stir the chili that was bubbling away in an old cast iron kettle.  And I had to admire the ingenuity that went into creating a cooking oven out of an old metal barrel.


Two ladies of the local DAR Chapter and a little lady and possible future member of DAR had a booth out soliciting support for the annual Wreaths Across America event.  Each year they buy wreaths to add to their collection with the goal of eventually being able to place  wreath at every veteran's gravesite in the cemetary. 


A local wild/exotic animal rescue group had their rescued boa constrictor available for handling. She's very friendly and the kids were fascinated.


And finally, everyone's favorite festival game of dunking a guy into a water tank.  The older kids, as you might expect, were very enthusiastic.


Yesterday's drama of the lost St. Patrick Rosary has had a happy ending.  When my pirate (Don for the uninformed) read yesterday's post, he pondered the problem and quietly went about rescuing St. Patrick from the darkness.  The man understood the mission I had hoped he would undertake and as you can see, the result is now resting in my hand.

Later tonight we are heading back to Little Pizza Heaven to enjoy an evening of Dennis Gurley and his repertoire of the Beatles and other tunes from the British invasion of music to our shores.




Comments

  1. How did he retrieve the rosary? You were brave to hold the snake for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He used a wire hanger. Worked like a charm. I've never minded snakes but I think I'm in the minority about snakes. LOL

      Delete
  2. From friend, Jone off Instagram.

    "Hooray for getting the Rosary! Also I put a wreath or two each year from Wreaths Across America in remembrance of my former husband."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comment from friend, Caryn S. off of Facebook.

    That snake was so sweet. Sometimes I wish I had one, but my husband was not a fan. So I admire them when others bring them around.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts