Thursday, September 5, 2024

Eighty-eight Day Challenge, Day 5/88

Well, yesterday is behind me.  The library board meeting was long and rough.  But we are now an actual working board. M, no doubt, does not like it but I'm pleased and I think everyone else is too.  Time now for coffee and prayer.  I wonder what the day will bring?

**********

Coffee invigorated me this morning then I prayed on Hallow.  I finally listened to day 25 of Marian Consecration.  My meditation focused on my occasional need to talk to my mother.  

Yesterday I wished I still had my mother to talk to but I don't and I called Krista,  the mother of many.  I did not reach her and now, today, with this passage from Hallow, I realize I do have a mother I can call upon.  It's certainly not a new awareness but it IS one I forget more than I remember. I forgot it yesterday but then didn't. Note to self - In the spirit of developing a new habit, work on remembering always to go to Mary first.

**********

I had high hopes that the day that has come would never arrive.  But, here I am, in the unenviable position of having to support the lose of someone's job.  How anyone can be so valuable and gifted and at the same time so totally self-destructive is just beyond me.  I feel cold and totally shut down inside.  The subject of these words has just become their own self-fulfilling prophesy. This is a step in my own personal growth that shouldn't be happening but . . . it is what it is.  God help me.

******** And yet more ********

An emergency meeting of the board has been called for tomorrow  at 4:15.  It's going to be a tough meeting.

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, I pray that God gives you the strength and words to deal with this in a way that you should.

    ReplyDelete