Wednesday, September 4, 2024

Sept. 4th, Day 4/88

I wrote today . . .


FROM THE SILLY

I ate a piece of toast this morning.   

Peanut butter, flavor and crunch.

No more. No more. No more.

Or, I will not be able to eat lunch.

Coffee is getting low.

If I run out, oh woe!

For now, I gently sip the hot brew,

enjoying what little I have.

Social time is coming soon.

Meeting friends for lunch at noon.

That single bit of toast?

It was just enough.


TO THE SUBLIME

Meditation on St. Sebastian 

Your bravery to serve the Roman Emperor, Diacletion, is inspiration for us all to embrace our Christian belief fearlessly.  You were, without a doubt, his most trusted Pratorian guard and yet when he  challenged you about your faith, you did not deny it. And,  he ordered you executed.  Lord, Holy Father, I wish to fearlessly trust you.  I entrust myself to you. Ask of me what you will so that I might serve you faithfully.  I am yours.

***********

I prayed this morning, the final St. Sebastian session.  I need to find a children's book of his life to give to Seb.

Time to dress and meet Jean and Mike for lunch. Then stop at Hays for coffee and prep for my 4:00 meeting today.  

I'm dreading the library board meeting.  Lord give me strength to get through it, to have the right words and be focused on all that is going on at the table.

**********

Well, the meeting has come and gone.  Just when I thought things might actually go well, it all came apart.  I'm very tired of the emotional manipulation.  Later, Leighan, Don, and I visited the Levee Lounge.  I was so ready for a drink.  Anyway . . . the day is done and soon tomorrow will be here.   

Tomorrow I'm planning to focus on food.  I've been off track for a while and need to start heading down the scale again.  I had BBQ for dinner tonight.  It isn't agreeing with me. I haven't felt like this for a while.






1 comment: