Sunday, September 22, 2024

88 Day Challenge, 21 & 22/88

Day 21 - two of the five pounds are gone. Once I hit 250 again, I'll aim for 248.  That will get me back to my low then I'll aim for three more gone by October 2nd, the day of my Dr. Luber appointment.   

We went to Becky's shop today in New Madrid and picked up the rug we spotted there for under the dining room table. I also found this year's Christmas ornaments for the kiddos.  There was lots of conversation with Becky as we lucked out with a time period of no customers.

Then, surprise,  surprise!! New Madrid is having their fall festival on October 5th and Becky invited us to set up a table at her shop for a booksale/signing. Sweet.

We headed home and the rest of the day was quiet.   Mass tomorrow.   With Mike sick, it's unlikely we'll have our usual group for breakfast afterwards. Sad.  Anyway, time for sleep now.

Day 22

We went to Mass this morning.  Witb Mike still being sick, I find I very much miss this small routine in my week. Going to breakfast at Roundhouse after Mass without Mike and Jean just isn't the same.  The good news though is that their daughter, Amanda, is with them this week. Her visit will be a great emotional help to Jean.



I really thought I would paint today but I guess I'm just not ready to do anything yet.  But,  soon.  So,  instead I did something else creative; I made a soup and call it pasta e fagioli plus the kitchen sink.  

Tomorrow I'll go to the library and work on my self-assigned project and continue doing the memorials and donations data input onto a flash drive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment