88 Day Challenge, Day 29/88

Last night's picture after dark and then this a.m. in the same spot at around 10:30.  

It's telling, how quickly routines can change with the absence of two people. Sr. Sharon is still recovering from injuries she sustained in May and now our friend, Mike is sick and has been down for a couple of weeks with no fast recovery in sight. And no Mike means no Jean.

Sunday breakfast and Tuesday/Saturday lunches are behind us for a while.  It feels lonely with three major friends in my small circle out of commission. However, a new activity factored itself into my life recently which makes a bit of a difference.  I started volunteering at the library entering memorials and donations onto a database.  There are years worth to enter so it will keep me busy for a while. It's a good opportunity to get out of the house and be around people.

I set up a YouTube acct on the Roku today and we're ready to watch Don's podcast interview on Denise Nicholson's Bold Books program. Don's book "I Could Have Been One" is available through Dorance Publishing Bookstore and Amazon Books.  If you are interested in politics and social change in the 20th century you might want to look over his book.

This is the beginning of a transformative week for me. Wednesday I'm meeting with Dr. Luber in Hernando, MS.  I might finally be able to get my knees fixed.  It will be very nice not using a walker anymore.  Wish me luck.

And, in closing, here are a few pictures of some of our local river cats that live at the river front. 













Comments

  1. What lovely cats! I have last stage arthritis and shredded meniscus in both of my knees. I have avoided the surgery for many years by having radio frequency nerve ablation.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts